ADRENAL FATIGUE SOLUTIONMENTAL CLARITY
Adrenal fatigue can have numerous effects on our bodies. This section is all about the effects adrenal fatigue have on your mental clarity, along with some possible solutions.
Brain Fog (It’s Not All in Your Head!)
One of the functions of cortisol is to increase alertness and support brain function. In those with adrenal fatigue, however, the weak and erratic production of cortisol compromises the brain’s memory and “processing speed.” Stress further complicates things by decreasing blood flow to the brain.
Despite the limited research on the subject, brain fog is certainly real. The symptoms are easy to recognize and can include difficulty focusing or concentrating, confusion, slowness in thinking, forgetfulness, or feeling generally “hazy.” There are many causes of brain fog, among the most common being:
Poor nutritional status, especially with respect to minerals. The brain requires certain nutrients to function properly. Although most of us have no issue in consuming enough sugar (fuel for the brain), many of us eat diets low in minerals.
– Food intolerances and allergies can also affect brain function. Gluten, dairy, eggs, and soy are among the most common food triggers for brain fog. Sugar and refined carbohydrates can also play a detrimental role.
– Heavy metals like mercury, lead, copper, aluminum, and cadmium can all cause toxicity, in turn compromising brain health.
– Toxic bowels. Whether the root causes poor eating habits, slow metabolism, leaky gut, constipation, yeast overgrowth, or a sluggish liver, bowel toxicity affects the immune system and increases inflammation, in turn irritating the brain and nervous system.
– Inflammation. As we now know, low-grade inflammation is a hallmark of adrenal fatigue. The brain isn’t protected from this inflammation, unfortunately, and is further aggravated by poor dietary choices, stress, and a lack of restorative sleep.
– Toxic chemicals. Harmful chemicals are sadly all too easy to find in our day and age. Chemicals place an incredible burden on the liver, irritate the nervous system, and compromise brain function.
10 Ways to Clear Brain Fog:
Although there are many causes of brain fog, most of them pertain to our dietary and lifestyle habits that we can thankfully control. It’s time to take charge of your health and help your brain function smoothly and clearly. Here are some tips to get you started. Aim to incorporate as many of these changes as possible, for at least four weeks:
- Clean up the diet. Eliminating sugar and gluten alone may be all that’s needed to improve cognitive function.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water every day – whether or not you feel thirsty – can help with energy levels, cellular hydration, and detoxification.
- Move your body. Exercising just 10 minutes a day can help move lymphatic congestion, in turn supporting mental clarity.
- This important mineral is essential for over 300 reactions in the body, and can easily and affordably be purchased in supplement form.
- Trace minerals. Taking a trace mineral supplement can help restore essential nutrients.
- Probiotics can help with bowel toxicity and inflammation.
- Dry skin brushing can help move lymph and clear toxins.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids are important for brain function, yet are not commonly found in the western diet. Taking a good quality fish oil supplement or eating fish three times a week can thus help fight inflammation and enhance mental clarity.
- Thyroid health. Hypothyroidism is a common cause of brain fog. Getting a blood test through your doctor’s office can help quickly assess your thyroid health.
VIEW PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS
Get in Touch
For additional questions regarding product safety, efficacy, creation, or benefits, call or email us using the information provided.
We rely on cutting-edge, evidence-based scientific research to bring you the best in natural healthcare. We use high-quality ingredients, well-researched chemistry, and efficient oral delivery to ensure your well-being comes first. Our goal is to provide you with the tools to live the healthiest life possible through fast-acting products designed to improve bodily functions on a cellular level.
*Statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Results may vary.